Credit Europe Bank (Suisse) SA (hereinafter referred to as “CEB” or “us” or “we”) respects your privacy and processes personal data as a data controller in accordance with the laws governing data protection and professional or banking secrecy, as well as the codes of conduct that are applicable to us.
- what personal data we collect and how;
- for what purposes and on what grounds we process your personal data;
- with whom we share your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- the rights you have as data subject;
- how your personal data is protected;
- changes to this policy; and
- how you can contact us.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data that we process may include:
- ‘Data on who you are’ such as (i) basic information like your first and last name, prefix, title, (ii) contact details such as your e-mail address, postal address and phone number, (iii) data contained on your identity document, and (iv) your role (e.g. authorized representative, legal representative, director or guarantor);
- ‘Your transactions and payments’: name and account number of the person instructing a payment, account number of the person receiving a payment, time and location at which payments were made, amounts transferred or deposited and the balance in your account and investments orders;
- ‘Your contact history’: the subject of the contact you had with us, when did the contact occur and with which department, how (via post, email etc.) and the recording of a telephone conversation or report from a discussion;
- ‘Data needed for security and fraud prevention’: internal reference register (i.e. a list of people and institutions with whom we no longer wish to have a relationship), external reference register (official lists kept by authorities or banks containing people and institutions who have committed fraud or otherwise pose a risk to the financial sector), national, European and international sanctions lists, camera footages in our offices and payment patterns;
- ‘Your financial situation and CEB products’: your personal and business CEB products and services, the balance in your accounts and on your loans, your registration with the credit registration office, your investment profile and data on payment arrears;
- ‘Sensitive personal data’: data on criminal or administrative proceedings or sanctions, as well as data on political activities;
- ‘Your use of our websites’: your IP address, data on your visit to our website, the device you used to visit our websites, cookies and your cookie-settings;
- ‘Data on you from external parties’: data on companies, their representatives and UBOs, provided by the companies itself or from official registers, data from public sources such as official registers, status inquiry agencies, the credit and insolvency registers, newspapers, the internet or social media;
- ‘Job Applications’: data you may provide us for the purpose of a job application, such as your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, photo, nationality, marital status and any other personal data set out in your application;
- Personal data that you provide us with for the purpose of attending events or meetings, such as access and dietary requirements; and
- Any other personal data relating to you which you may provide us with or that we may obtain in relation to the purposes and based on grounds set out below.
We collect this personal data because you provided this data to us. For example, you may provide data when entering into an agreement with us, by entering your data on our website, by giving us your business card or by applying for a job. We may also collect your personal data from other sources, such as from local counsels, counterparties, official registers (trade registers, land registers, etc) or by using publicly available sources.
Purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal data
CEB processes personal data for the following purposes:
- To verify whether or not CEB can accept someone as a customer;
- To enter into and execute contracts with you and (other) customers;
- To ensure money can be paid and received (payments);
- To analyse personal information for investigations and statistic objectives;
- To provide information about CEB products and services (marketing);
- For prevention of fraud and unusual transactions and in general for the protection of security and integrity of your transactions and of the financial market;
- To comply with legislation (including legislation combating money laundering and terrorist financing), supervisory obligations or court orders to which CEB is subject;
- To maintain contact with you, (other) customers and/or business relations; and/or
- To handle your job application or subscription to any of our recruitment services and events.
We will process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract;
- Compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- Legitimate interest;
- Your consent.
Sharing with others
In some cases, we may also share your personal data with third parties. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Other financial institutions;
- Public authorities (such as tax and customs administrations and authorities, finance intelligence units, police and justice officials, and supervisory regulators and authorities); and/or
- Service providers, auditors, professional advisers and other third parties that provide services or advice to CEB.
To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a data processor of CEB, CEB will conclude a processing agreement with such party that meets the requirements set out in the applicable law.
To be able to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside of the European Economic Area. In that case, CEB will ensure that the data transfer is compliant with the applicable law and in particular appropriate safeguards are provided.
You, as a data subject, have a number of legal rights:
- Right of access. This means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning yourself;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to erasure of the personal data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request;
- The right to data portability. This means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
- The right to object to profiling or automated decisions;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and
- The right to withdraw your consent. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
CEB has taken technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data from unauthorized or unlawful processing and from loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. If you have any questions regarding the security of your personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us at the contact details indicated below.
Please visit the Cookie Declaration page for more information on cookies, the details of cookies we use, and to see or modify your current cookie consent status.
Credit Europe Bank (Suisse) SA
Rue du Rhône 80
1204 Geneva, Switzerland
Latest update: November 2023
Credit Europe Bank (Suisse) SA
Rue du Rhône 80
1204 Geneva, Switzerland
Telephone: +41 (0)22 839 19 19